5382

Sunday, February 22, 2009 / Posted by blzmn /

5382. That was my phone number for two of the best years in my life - so far.

My phone number in Mercator.

Funny how many things can change in no more than a half year - may be 8 months. College life, graduation - these things seem more than a thousand years away. I am living a new life, new goals, new story, new dreams in Munich. The Munich Diaries - The Story Continued. Believe it or not, this was the first phrase which came to my mind when Rahul sent me the link to this blog (Many thanks!!!), with all the old posts carefully copied on this new home of Mercator College's student mind...

There are some things to which one always come back. This is, in my eyes, from my mouth, pretty exhausted, worn out phrase - I kept telling it to some of my dearest friends when I decided to leave my home Bulgaria for the second time last year, after spending the summer and most of the autumn drifting in the unidentified state between Graduation and Real Life (tm). Gosh, how hard was it this time around. But I wouldn't like to go into details - whenever the nostalgia falls hard on me, I remember what one girl, among those aforementioned dearest friends, once told me: Don't worry, we'll meet again. We are seeking souls, and seeking souls always meet one another...

Anyway, I just wanted to share with all of you folks that I have not forgotten you, or Mercator, or you in Mercator, and I doubt I will soon do... if ever. The MCO Experience was a defining one for my path through life so far, and although I am perfectly aware that time goes in only one direction, I also like to think that Mercator is somehow a part of my present. Count this as the #0 post - I'll do my best to keep on contributing stuff from over here, in friendly, beer & FC Bayern Muenchen obsessed, beautiful Bavaria...

Wiederschauen!

Ivan St.

2 comments:

Comment by Rahul Jain on February 22, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Cherished memories ...
Mere months remain here as well, and then I too most probably will be going through the same emotions ...
striving to be a ripple in the sea of memories of the people I leave behind :)

Comment by Unknown on March 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM

Good to hear from you Ivan - we have not forgotten you either. How could we. Yes, time flies and at the end of each acedmic year we are left with an ever growing collection of fond memories and the hope that we will meet again.
Keep in touch, don't forget Mercator ..
regards
Vikram

Post a Comment