It is almost time ...

Friday, May 01, 2009 / Posted by Rahul Jain /

To say goodbye ...

One month left here and then we would all be off - to different corners of the world. Well, at least, all the final year students. The others stay. University's still here, not going anywhere, so where would they disappear?
If someone asks me how the three years have been, I wouldn't be able to say much. It is quite difficult to explain. In many aspects, it has been quite a unique experience. The charm of seeing so many different people around you might wear off after the first year, but the freshness does not. And trust me, it is only when you are away from this place (Internships, holidays, etc.) do you realize that you like it and miss it. More than the academics (way more), I will carry with me the memories of the wonderful people that I have met here.
Not to make the post soppy, I would try to list some unexpected experiences that I have had, or some nice "sound bytes/bloopers".

"You are going to use a water scale to make sure that small picture is straight on the wall" - me to Alex (facility student). Reaction -> raucous laughter.
I never thought that I would be cooking, I was quite confident in Aramark. Forget cooking, I now even experiment with the stuff that Aramark come up with. Frying salad and cooking rice with it - one of my successful experiments.
The reaction that I always get when people see me eating watermelon with salt - I think it tastes wonderfully well.

OK, time to get back to my guided research. One of the main reasons of writing this post was our esteemed webmaster and friend, Ango. He was experiencing some bugs in the Mercator Website while fetching the latest feed contents from the blog and he wanted me to write something so that he could test. If he figures it out, well and good for all us. Otherwise, be prepared to endure some more posts from me.

Cheers
Rahul

0 comments:

Post a Comment