Cheers "Ivan a.k.a. blzmn"! :)

Thursday, April 16, 2009 / Posted by Rahul Jain /

Sometimes you see your thoughts expressed in some one else's words ...


03.01.2009
Bremen 28759

Hi everybody,

I'm really sorry we could not meet during my short stay on campus. I hope the office team (CMs, RAs, etc. included :-)) is doing well and wish you all very happy, academically light, party-time heavy, immensely enjoyable semester ahead. I have not forgotten you and I hope I will see you some time in the foreseeable future (for the Graduation for example ...).
I like to treat myself with the though that the world would end without me to support it, but actually I am glad Mercator is still in place and running even without my service :-). No, but, seriously, congratulations on your work here (now from the perspective of an outsider) and keep up the blue spirit ...
Have a blast!

Yours
Ivan St.


I do not what made me go and check the suggestion box. I was certainly not looking for suggestions, we never seem to get any ways. The only previous message in the "inbox" was from our very Aiste - another former member of the college office team. However, I sure wasn't experiencing another pleasant surprise but thanks for it Ivan! We might off some four months but we still managed to get your wonderful message.

And I find it ironic how your thoughts mirror mine exactly. It was only yesterday when I was wondering what it would be like to leave this place. And when you do not know what the future holds for you, these frequency of these thoughts increases multi-fold. I was about to write something, but could not find the words to express myself. Your message does the job wonderfully. I now know what I will feel like when the time for me to go comes as well. It is not that far away, but your message makes me realize that I should concentrate on cherishing what remains rather than dwell on what is yet unknown.

Thanks Ivan, thanks a lot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment